Get Your Money $hit Together Day 10 Activity
Asses the Gap to Your Dream Life
Welcome to THE MOST POWERFUL PIECE OF THE WORK. The good news is, you have already done the hard part, collecting all your information. Now, we simply take a look at the “where you are” part of your assessment.
|Actual Value||Gap between have and need|
|What is your income now?||—-|
|What do you need it to be to match your ideal life?|
|How much do you need in cash?||—-|
|How much cash do you have now?|
|What assets (things of value) do you have now?||—-|
|What assets do you need to match your ideal life?|
|What else would you still need to purchase to make your life even better?||—-|
|List what you have already that can help your project move forward.|
Now let’s consider the non-monetary parts. Oof. I know it hurts, but go here with me. Remember, you are NOT HERE TO SOLVE these problems today, only to IDENTIFY them.
- What is missing from your life now?
- Why do you think this is missing?
- If you could shift one area of your life right now, what would it be?
- What emotional concerns show up in your life on a regular basis?
- What do you “worry” or “overthink” about often?
- What is something you “put up with” because you think there is no other option?
To dissipate some of this energy that keeps you and your resource flow stuck, you may need to tap into some inner work and/or seek help from a professional practitioner. As always, if you would like help finding the right person for you, contact our team and we will connect you with the best resources on hand for you. Support@askprofessorg.com
List any projects you wish to pursue in the next few years. How much will they cost to pursue? What other resources, besides capital, will you need to make this happen?
|Project||Cost to Pursue||Other elements for project success|
SET YOUR ENVIRONMENT FOR SUCCESS
Prepare your space so you will not be interrupted. Use your favorite scents, sounds, and temperature so you will feel supported by your environment. Set a timer and write for an amount of time that feels good to you. I usually choose 27 minutes because I love that number. Don’t feel compelled to answer everything in that time. Just write. You can set the timer as many times as you need to finish. At any time you feel tired or like you do not want to keep writing, take a break for now. Decide when you will return to writing, and keep that small promise to yourself when that time comes. That’s it. You are ready to complete this activity. Enjoy!!
Trigger WarningSometimes when you begin to imagine your dream life, you may find some blocks coming up that limit you from believing what you want is possible. For now, allow yourself to dream. Don’t worry about “how.” Funding your dream starts with opening to all possibility before we judge any options. Pretend that anything you can imagine is possible, and go all in imaging all the ways you could fund your dream. If you find you need support in this, reach out and our team will help direct you to the best support for your needs we know.
When working through this lesson, you may wish to have a bit more on the subject.
I recommend chapter 12 of my book “The Money Shot” called “Diversify your income” for a longer read on this topic.
If you are looking for the specific strategies for increasing income, check out “The Money Makeover” a simple read with lots of value.
You may also check out Robert Allen’s book “Multiple Streams of Income” for even more.
For more support using the worksheets provided, you can check out the tutorial in our library. https://askprofessorg.com/library/
Tips for ways to complete this exercise
- Solo—doing this alone and with plenty of space is preferred, at least in the first round. Spending time with yourself can offer you some deep insight into what you want when there is no one else to please with your choices. I recommend doing this solo as a first pass, and then getting into some activities you enjoy with people you love and see what else comes up for you that you didn’t think of before. Maybe you discover you love roller blading and want to live where there is a place to go near you home. That would be a great wealth component to add.
- Partnered—once you have given this some thought by yourself, you may wish to engage someone to share your vision with. For some, the vision is too delicate to share, and that is okay. Share it with your mirror. There is value in sharing what you want out loud and receiving support from those who listen. Be sure to set the stage for success, however. Choose someone who will support your vision and dreams, and not someone who will judge you or try to insert their idea of your dream. This is a listening exercise…and just maybe you can dive in together and do a bit of crazy dreaming together if you want to expand your ideas a bit.
- Group—again, after some personal reflection, it can be powerful to bring your vision before a small group and receive love and support for what it is you are creating. Doing this exercise with a group holds the power to create collective energy for your dream life. Keep in mind, as with partners, it is critical that all members of the group are there to support only. This is your vision. Allowing a group to expand your ideas is awesome. Letting a group tell you what is best for you is not. Hold to your own feelings and decision about your dream as you step deeper into your wealthy life. You’ve got this!!!
Remember to come share you insights, wins, questions, and breakthrough on Instagram and tag us @thegypsyprofessor using #moneychallenge so we can find you.