Get Your Money $hit Together Day 15 Activity
Create Your Financial Strategy
Strategy is the “How” of what we do. Most of our time together we focus on the “what” we want, as getting that clear is a prerequisite for implementing an effective strategy. Today, you begin to put “legs” on your idea by bringing into form the strategy or strategies you will use to bring them to life. There are many options for “how” we do a thing, so consider today not only what you want, but what you want your life to look like on the way to getting it. Most importantly, be clear that the life you are creating when this strategy succeeds is, in fact, a life you wish to live.
I cannot warn you enough that moving into strategy before you are clear what you are creating is a sure way to waste time, energy, and money. If you haven’t quite gotten the “what” yet, that is okay. Take the time you need. If you already know what you want and how your life will look when you get there, let’s move on now, into strategy.
First, let’s review a day in your life and what that will look like during your “building” stage of your strategy. Describe below how you spend your time, day, and week in your ideal world. Next, how does your daily life look now? Getting clear here is one of the key components to your success. We are creating a life you WANT to participate in.
Ideal daily life:
Daily life now:
Daily life once strategy works:
Now that you have recalled what you want your life to look like, let’s begin to build a strategy. Remember, the intention of this strategy module is to help you create a system that naturally guides you right into the life you want. Keep in mind that we focus on one area to improve at a time when building our strategies. If you find that more than one goal overlaps on a strategy, we can implement them simultaneously once we get there. For now, assume each goal needs its own strategy for reaching it.
- What is the financial goal you wish to achieve?
- How will you know when you have reached that goal?
- What actions, projects, and tasks will you need to complete to create this goal?
- List all the potential strategies you could use to move toward this goal and the “what it takes” for you to achieve the goal using this strategy.
|Goal||Strategy||What It Takes (time, energy, money)|
Now choose the strategy that best fits your goal and intended lifestyle and get into ACTION. For more support building a strategy that fits YOU, contact our team email@example.com.
SET YOUR ENVIRONMENT FOR SUCCESS
Prepare your space so you will not be interrupted. Use your favorite scents, sounds, and temperature so you will feel supported by your environment. Set a timer and write for an amount of time that feels good to you. I usually choose 27 minutes because I love that number. Don’t feel compelled to answer everything in that time. Just write. You can set the timer as many times as you need to finish. At any time you feel tired or like you do not want to keep writing, take a break for now. Decide when you will return to writing, and keep that small promise to yourself when that time comes. That’s it. You are ready to complete this activity. Enjoy!!
Sometimes when you begin to imagine your dream life, you may find some blocks coming up that limit you from believing what you want is possible. For now, allow yourself to dream. Don’t worry about “how.” Funding your dream starts with opening to all possibility before we judge any options. Pretend that anything you can imagine is possible, and go all in imaging all the ways you could fund your dream. If you find you need support in this, reach out and our team will help direct you to the best support for your needs we know.
When working through this lesson, you may wish to have a bit more on the subject.
I recommend chapter 12 of my book “The Money Shot” called “Diversify your income” for a longer read on this topic.
If you are looking for the specific strategies for increasing income, check out “The Money Makeover” a simple read with lots of value.
You may also check out Robert Allen’s book “Multiple Streams of Income” for even more.
For more support using the worksheets provided, you can check out the tutorial in our library. https://askprofessorg.com/library/
To see some of the principles I follow for financial guidance, read
Tips for ways to complete this exercise
- Solo—doing this alone and with plenty of space is preferred, at least in the first round. Spending time with yourself can offer you some deep insight into what you want when there is no one else to please with your choices. I recommend doing this solo as a first pass, and then getting into some activities you enjoy with people you love and see what else comes up for you that you didn’t think of before. Maybe you discover you love roller blading and want to live where there is a place to go near you home. That would be a great wealth component to add.
- Partnered—once you have given this some thought by yourself, you may wish to engage someone to share your vision with. For some, the vision is too delicate to share, and that is okay. Share it with your mirror. There is value in sharing what you want out loud and receiving support from those who listen. Be sure to set the stage for success, however. Choose someone who will support your vision and dreams, and not someone who will judge you or try to insert their idea of your dream. This is a listening exercise…and just maybe you can dive in together and do a bit of crazy dreaming together if you want to expand your ideas a bit.
- Group—again, after some personal reflection, it can be powerful to bring your vision before a small group and receive love and support for what it is you are creating. Doing this exercise with a group holds the power to create collective energy for your dream life. Keep in mind, as with partners, it is critical that all members of the group are there to support only. This is your vision. Allowing a group to expand your ideas is awesome. Letting a group tell you what is best for you is not. Hold to your own feelings and decision about your dream as you step deeper into your wealthy life. You’ve got this!!!
Remember to come share you insights, wins, questions, and breakthrough on Instagram and tag us @thegypsyprofessor using #moneychallenge so we can find you.