Get Your Money $hit Together Day 8 Activity
Imagine Your Dream Life
For this activity, consider two areas. First we will look at what you want your life to look like overall. Then, we consider your daily life. When planning what we want from life, one of the critical pieces to making sure we actually want that life when we get there is to consider what we want a “typical” day to look like.
Please complete this activity by writing your respond to the prompts given.
Imagine a scenario where you suddenly have access to a billion dollars to use as you wish. There is no longer a need to consider money in your desires, only what you wish your life to be. In this world where everything you ever wanted is available to you. I call this your WILD (Wealthy Ideal Life Design)…
- What kind of house do you live in? What kind of car do you drive? What does your neighborhood look like? What other items do you see? A grand piano? Art? Decorations? Describe the furniture, the rooms, the lighting in the home. Write as much detail as you can.
- Where is home you now reside in? Describe the location, the temperature, the surroundings, the nearby markets, and other landmarks you see near you. What colors do you see surrounding you?
- Who is with you in this place? What is their roll in your life? Do they inspire you? Excite you? Keep you grounded? What is the interaction between/among you? What is your roll in their lives? How often do you see them?
- What does it smell like here? Is it pleasant? How strong is the smell, subtle or potent? What does it remind you of when you smell this? How does this scent make you feel? Is the air moving or still?
- What feelings and sensations do you get from being here? If you use words like “amazing” or “calming” to start, that is perfect, but then explore what “amazing” etc. feels like to you. Warm or cool? Tingly or pulsating? Expanding or flowing? Heavy or light? Where in your body do you feel this?
- Now, reach out touch the air and put the tip of your finger on your tongue. What does this place taste like? Salty or sweet? Fluid or solid? Soft or grainy? Tender or rough? Breathe in the air and feel how it feels in your lungs.
- What sounds do you hear? Are they loud or soft? Distant or close? Repetitive and rhythmic or random and unpredictable?
- What does your daily routine look like? How do you spend most of your time? What do you do when you wake up? When you finish up your to-do list of the day? When the sun is setting? When you are going to bed? Describe your activities of a typical day.
- How do you feel as you move through your day? What sensations do you notice when you wake up? As you go to sleep? As you eat, share a meal, or sit in silence?
Bonus prompt: If you could wave a magic wand and shift one thing in your life today, what would you shift?
SET YOUR ENVIRONMENT FOR SUCCESS
Prepare your space so you will not be interrupted. Use your favorite scents, sounds, and temperature so you will feel supported by your environment. Set a timer and write for an amount of time that feels good to you. I usually choose 27 minutes because I love that number. Don’t feel compelled to answer everything in that time. Just write. You can set the timer as many times as you need to finish. At any time you feel tired or like you do not want to keep writing, take a break for now. Decide when you will return to writing, and keep that small promise to yourself when that time comes. That’s it. You are ready to complete this activity. Enjoy!!
Sometimes when you begin to imagine your dream life, you may find some blocks coming up that limit you from believing what you want is possible. For now, allow yourself to dream. Don’t worry about “how.” We must first get super clear on what we want before we can go to how. We will get there, don’t worry. Push through the triggers and let yourself desire whatever it is you desire. If you find you need support in this, reach out and our team will help direct you to the best support for your needs we know.
When working through this lesson, you may wish to have a bit more on the subject.
I recommend chapter 12 of my book “The Money Shot” called “Diversify your income” for a longer read on this topic.
If you are looking for the specific strategies for increasing income, check out “The Money Makeover” a simple read with lots of value.
You may also check out Robert Allen’s book “Multiple Streams of Income” for even more.
For more support using the worksheets provided, you can check out the tutorial in our library. https://askprofessorg.com/library/
Tips for ways to complete this exercise
- Solo—doing this alone and with plenty of space is preferred, at least in the first round. Spending time with yourself can offer you some deep insight into what you want when there is no one else to please with your choices. I recommend doing this solo as a first pass, and then getting into some activities you enjoy with people you love and see what else comes up for you that you didn’t think of before. Maybe you discover you love roller blading and want to live where there is a place to go near you home. That would be a great wealth component to add.
- Partnered—once you have given this some thought by yourself, you may wish to engage someone to share your vision with. For some, the vision is too delicate to share, and that is okay. Share it with your mirror. There is value in sharing what you want out loud and receiving support from those who listen. Be sure to set the stage for success, however. Choose someone who will support your vision and dreams, and not someone who will judge you or try to insert their idea of your dream. This is a listening exercise…and just maybe you can dive in together and do a bit of crazy dreaming together if you want to expand your ideas a bit.
- Group—again, after some personal reflection, it can be powerful to bring your vision before a small group and receive love and support for what it is you are creating. Doing this exercise with a group holds the power to create collective energy for your dream life. Keep in mind, as with partners, it is critical that all members of the group are there to support only. This is your vision. Allowing a group to expand your ideas is awesome. Letting a group tell you what is best for you is not. Hold to your own feelings and decision about your dream as you step deeper into your wealthy life. You’ve got this!!!
Remember to come share you insights, wins, questions, and breakthrough on Instagram and tag us @thegypsyprofessor using #moneychallenge so we can find you.